A lot of popular bands in the alternative genre have band name's made up of three words, for example:
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
All Time Low
Black Veil Brides
Boys Like Girls
Against The Current
New Found Glory
Bowling For Soup
Deep Blue Something
Falling In Reverse
Jimmy Eat World
Lower Than Atlantis
Taking Back Sunday
We The Kings
For this reason, I decided the band name I create should be made up of three words.
Bands in the alternative genre often incorporate numbers into their names, for example:
Blink-182
Twenty One Pilots
You Me At Six
3 Doors Down
Three Days Grace
Thirty Seconds To Mars
Two Door Cinema Club
Sum 41
I decided to make a band name that uses three words and also incorporates a number. I chose to use the number 13 as it has superstitions around it and maybe I could use the idea of bad luck when designing a band logo.
I also needed to check that whichever band name I chose didn't already exist - so I googled the names I thought up to check they didn't already exist. I needed to make sure that the names were also available to use on the majority of social media accounts so I can create accounts for the band to link with their website. To do this I used a website called namechekr.com
I came up with the name Thirteen Years Later. This name is free on all the platforms I would use - Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. The only problem with this name is that it is too long for a twitter url - to get around this problem I have decided to make the Twitter url 13ylofficial - a similar idea to other bands in this genre (e.g. mcrofficial and 30SecondsToMars
No comments:
Post a Comment