Friday, 9 September 2016

Ideas Update 2

Goodwin's Theory suggests that successful music videos should link the visuals in a video with the musicality of the song. For this reason I have listened through my chosen song, highlighted the key moments where the mood of the song changes and thought about how to link the visuals with the mood changes.

the track starts out almost silent - with an empty sounding synth part. I could reflect this emptiness in the visuals of my music video by showing empty hallways. When the ukulele comes in I could then introduce the characters/artists as the track is no longer empty-sounding

in the first pre-chorus I could show shots of the drums being played as they start to become more prominent at this part of the song

in the bridge of the song, there is a huge percussion presence. I could emphasise this presence by putting water/ confetti/ glitter on the drums so that when they're hit the objects fly up into the air - adding drama - this idea came from the Queen video 'I Want It All' where water has been added to the drums so it shoots up in the air.

at 3:55 there is a clear piano part where i could use jump cuts in time with the right hand notes - perhaps i could draw stick figures on paper and show rain on windows for interest

No comments:

Post a Comment