Friday, 26 August 2016

Music Video Study Day


The Event

Everyone doing A level Media Studies spent a day learning about different camera techniques, filming a performance and editing footage. We all went to the dance studios where we filmed a performance using 8 cameras which were all used to capture different aspects of the performance

The Performance

We made sure we had a variety of different camera angles to use by setting the cameras in a semicircle around the performers

Impact on production

- I realised that the more enthusiastic the performers are, the better and more realistic the footage I shoot will be

- I learnt that most people feel very nervous and anxious when performing, and this shows up in the footage. However, if you play the song people are performing very loudly they gain confidence and are more likely to give a good performance. For this reason I will be playing my chosen song as loud as possible when performing

- I will need to take at least 30 takes when filming the performance part of my music video to get a variety of camera angles and shots from different distances

- I have learnt how to use various editing techniques and effects on Adobe Premiere such as changing the filters on my footage and learning to edit to the beat of the music

No comments:

Post a Comment